It used to be impossible to get bags, shoes, clothes, and other items at a cheaper price, especially when shopping at the mall, but with the internet on your side, you can definitely grab those great deals with the help of auctions online. These auctions work like auctions you attend for antique items and hard-to-find collectibles except that the audience can be of different backgrounds, tastes, and preferences and from all over the world. You don’t have to be a citizen of a particular country just to be able to buy an item from an online auction because the sellers can now offer online payment methods for customers coming from outside of the country. This, along with other features that come with the auction site, makes online shopping even more convenient than ever before.
Many sellers nowadays are opting to open auctions online because of the benefits that are convenient for both parties. Customers can easily bid on items online while sellers can boost their company names through successful transactions after every auction. What’s more, if the item is rare and in demand, sellers can earn profit from his or her auctions with numerous bidders competing for the item altogether. But being able to acquire such a reputation would mean a lot of time, effort, and strategizing for the first-time online auctioneers, so to be able to start off well, taking note of these tips for online auctions is a must:
- For sellers, prioritize the bidding experiences of your customers as crucial and important to your business. Make sure that you open an online auction store in a trustworthy and easy-to-use auction website and post your terms of service, shipping, and return policies clearly before starting any auction online.
- For bidders, it is important that you take advantage of the website’s feedback score so that you will be able to tell a good and trustworthy online seller from a bad and suspicious scammer. It can either be in the form of symbols (stars, colors, badges) or comments and written feedback from previous customers.
- Sellers, make sure that you know the products that you are selling well before putting it up for auction. Bidders enjoy auctions online that have comprehensive and detailed item descriptions so take the time to iterate what the item is all about before starting the auction. This may require a little bit more research on your part, but the results of this will be worthwhile.
- Buyers, do not hesitate to connect with the sellers if you have any questions regarding the item. This is your chance to not only get information on the item you are interested in but also to communicate with the seller to see if he or she is detailed enough to respond with good answers to your questions. You can either email the seller using the email address provided, the private messaging system of the website, or through SMS if provided in the seller’s page.
- Sellers, take advantage of certain internet tools such as RSS feed submission, article submission, press release distribution, and social bookmarking submission when trying to advertise your auctions online.
Online auctions are some of the most popular places to sell items online because it’s not only free but also a great place to earn money. In fact, those who wish to sell items to make room in their closets for newer items can earn a little money on the side by putting them up for auction online. All they have to do is create a listing in any of the available auction sites and start broadcasting their auctions to their network of friends. Heck, you as a seller can even advertise any of your auctions by writing about them and submitting articles to article directories. This is also known as article marketing, a popular method that internet marketers would use to gain more traffic and lure interested customers to their online businesses. If you want to gain more popularity to your auctions, article marketing is one of the cheaper options available on the net.
But to be able to make the most out of article marketing, you need to know how article marketing really works. You basically spend a few hours writing high quality articles about the business that you are doing. Writing articles to be submitted to directories like Ezinearticles.com and others should contain keywords that will boost your chances of getting readers. The links to your auctions should also be placed within the article (usually at the bottom or end) to link customers to your auctions once they’re ready to view what you have to offer. In this case, articles about your auction sites should contain main keywords that fit the searches of interested buyers or bidders. Once readers start visiting your pages, you’ll be able to get many interested buyers to participate in your auctions.
So where exactly do you start submitting articles about your public auction? Here are some tips for you to try:
- Search for article directories that many writers would normally submit their articles to. You can try searching by keying in keywords into search engines like Google and Yahoo and see what particular article directory comes out first in the list of results.
- Take note of the guidelines of the directories before submitting anything online. Also, don’t forget to add the links of your public auction site before submitting them and advertising them on the web.
- To keep your readers up to date, it would be best to set some time during the week (ex. Once or twice a week) to write newer articles about your auctions. You can talk about the different items you’re adding to your online auction, news and updates, pros and cons, and so much more.
- When writing about a public auction, it is also a good idea to provide tips and guidelines on bidding and winning in auctions. Some examples include how to win in auctions 50% to 70% of the time, how to identify a trustworthy seller (indirectly pointing to you), how to detect and avoid a scam auction, and many more. You can also write about tips on spotting a fake item from an authentic one, making the best deal, etc.
Every time you hear the word “online auction”, what’s the first name or website that comes into your mind? eBay.com, right? Sure, it has been in the business for so long and people have opened their online stores and started auctions through the site, but it is definitely not the only auction site in the entire World Wide Web. There are many ebay alternatives that cater to online auctioneers, providing interesting features and tools that are at times much more secure and easier to use. By using popular search engines like Google and Yahoo, you’ll be able to find other online auctions with the same items and possibly with better deals. Think about it, you’re browsing endlessly through page after page but can’t find a good price or a good bargain. After a few more minutes of useless searching , you’ll be surprised that there are many ebay alternatives after all that have better deals and hard-to-find items than all of the searches you’ve done on eBay combined.
If you’re a seller and would like to start your own online auction, you’ll have to think of ways on how to beat not only the major auction sites but also the other competitors who want to open their auctions to the public as well. For example, ebay alternatives would want to set up auctions that are much easier to use, much more attractive, and of course of higher quality than all the others in the market. To be able to beat that competition, the first thing that you should do is advertise your auctions. One of the best ways to do this is to encourage social bookmarking by utilizing it and persuading your potential bidders to bookmark your auctions as well. Social bookmarking is basically sharing, organizing, and managing bookmarks in your browser. The difference between bookmarking and file sharing is that these websites are bookmarked as “references” and are not shared with other internet users.
Social bookmarking is a very effective technique in boosting traffic to your online auctions because not only will you be gaining loyal and long-term bidders but also more profit for every new item that you place on auction. If you have a blog for instance, you can encourage your readers to bookmark your online auctions through widgets, animation, creative buttons along the page, and many more. The number one objective here is to boost your auctions’ popularity as well as your credibility and reputation as an online auctioneer, so make sure that you utilize all of your resources to encourage your bidders and potential customers to bookmark your auctions in their browsers.
What other options can you do to increase your online auctions’ popularity? You can also submit them to accredited directories online, publish articles and submit them to article directories, and even create press releases so that people who normally read news online would get a glimpse of your announcements. These methods have been known to boost traffic tremendously when done correctly, so take the time to learn how to do these things when you think it’s time to advertise.
People want convenience as well as a chance to purchase at great discounts whenever they want to go shopping. Women, for example, are very much interested in buying clothes, shoes, bags, and other items but can’t seem to find very enticing deals whenever they head to their favorite stores in the malls. Fortunately the internet has provided certain sellers or producers a chance to hold an online auction site or two to be able to cater to customers who are not only looking for good deals but who are also located outside of the seller’s areas. This means that you, as the auctioneer, will be able to bargain off items or offer services to customers located all over the world.
Because of this innovative idea, hundreds, maybe even thousands, of sellers are now opting to open auctioning sites to be able to give their customers a chance to participate in an online auction or two for items that are priced very low. This has proven to have certain advantages and disadvantages. Pros, on one hand, include more interested and excited customers, more marketing or advertising online, and of course a chance to earn profit despite setting the starting bidding price very low. Cons, on the other hand, include the possibility of encountering bidders or buyers who violate the auction’s rules, who bid too high but cannot pay for the item after all, and other external factors that could affect the transaction after the online auction has ended.
To be able to avoid this , a seller must be able to apply certain rules, tips, or guidelines that will give customers or bidders an idea of what they should do when participating in an online auction. This is where the terms of service, shipping, and return policies are declared and implemented in the website and it is necessary that you place them in areas of the site where customers will be able to access them immediately before placing their bids on items they are interested in. To delve more into this, here are a few auctioning tips to help ensure the security and smoothness of your auctions:
- As the seller, the main goal is to sell your items beginning with starter bids that are attractive to sellers. Encourage them to bid since you are starting the auction low and are giving them a chance to avail of the item at that low price.
- Do not attempt to raise the bids using hidden tactics such as using bidder accounts because this will not only violate the website’s rules but your own rules as well. Wait patiently and stick to what the final auction price is.
- To avoid selling items at very low prices, you can increase your auctions’ reputation by using social bookmarking, networking, and other possible ways. Social bookmarking should be encouraged because this will remind customers that they should check your auctions for interesting items whenever they go online.
- Lastly, respond to inquiries, comments, suggestions, and notices from your customers immediately.
Auctions are fun places for collectors, buyers, and bargain hunters because of several reasons:
1. An auction is a race or a competition as to who can place the highest bid for an item.
2. The items that are put up for auction are either rare or very cheap, so being able to win the item and pay a price lower than its normal value is a great achievement. This especially applies to collectors and antique lovers.
3. Public auctions are great places to socialize with people of similar interests , so making friends here shouldn’t be a problem.
But auctions have evolved over the years and people can see this in the birth of the online auction in the internet. Websites can be made for all kinds of purposes and with different objectives, so sellers who want to bargain off their items online can do so through different ways, one of which are public auctions. This gives people, both within and outside of the country, a chance to bid online for items they really want, whether they are normal everyday items like bags, shoes, clothes, and jewelry, or collector’s items like old coins, antiques, and the like. Sellers are also at an advantage here because they don’t have to transact face to face with the customers, they don’t have to persuade them to buy from them, and their target market is worldwide. People from all over the world log on to the internet and there is a big chance that these people will stumble upon an auction or two online.
To be able to succeed with public auctions, one of the most effective strategies is to use article marketing and submit press releases. These are both online media that help boost traffic and seller reputation, each of them with their own uniqueness and purpose. On one hand, article marketing deals with the content and the information provided to readers, so it is important that you, the seller, write comprehensive and interesting articles to keep your readers interested and active with your auctions. You can talk about the different aspects of online auctions, how to win most of the time in auctions, and the like. Knowledge about the topic is crucial here, so don’t keep producing low-quality articles as these will turn your customers off.
On the other hand, press releases are short articles that sellers or companies would use to announce certain news or updates regarding their businesses. You as the seller or auctioneer can submit press releases regarding the opening of your online auction as well as promos and events involved which your customers can participate in. Press releases are known to be good sources of web traffic because they can be submitted to mainstream news websites. Readers who enjoy reading the news online will see your press releases and, if successful, will click on the links that will lead them to your online auctions. If they find your auctions fun and interesting and if the items you put up are just what they’re looking for, you now have several customers bidding everyday at your auctions.
Before people even considered the internet as a marketplace, a flea market is basically where you will find all the bargains and cut-rate merchandise can be found and bought. You will find a lot of individual stalls selling all kinds of items from pre-loved bags and wallets to used books and clothes. This is where people bargain off items to make room for newer ones and to make money out of them as well, so if you want to avail of an antique or a rare collector’s item for a fraction of its price, you go to a flea market. But because of the dawn of the internet, people stopped visiting the flea market and are now conveniently ordering items at the same low prices within the four walls of their rooms. This is known as “online shopping” and one of the most common spots to look through is the online auction site.
Online auctions are auctions found in websites that give people from all over the world a chance to bid on items they want to buy. Sellers who wish to sell their items online would normally open up their own online store through these auction sites and would popularize them through all kinds of means . There are so many options to choose from and one of these is the every-famous RSS feeds. If you have a blog, for example, that talks about your auctions, news and updates regarding stocks and new arrivals, and much more having RSS feeds is a great way to advertise your auctions online. People will receive feeds in their inbox and, if interested, will click on the links and take a look at what you have to offer.
Another great way to advertise your auctions is to submit articles and press releases through their designated directories as well. These will not only attract readers but will also entice them to visit your auctions just so they could check out what your items are all about. To be able to successfully gain web traffic through article marketing and submission of press releases, here are some tips to apply to your business strategy:
- Update your readers by submitting press releases regarding the opening of your auctions or online store. This type of article consists of announcements and updates, so you’ll be able to publicly announce your auctions as well as updates and promos involved if a customer participates in any of your auctions.
- Article marketing basically means marketing your business through articles submitted to article directories. This means that in order to attract readers, you should be able to write high quality articles with content that is informative enough to drive your customers to clicking on your links.
- Try to submit a press release once in a while to keep your target market updated on your auctions and overall business. This will give them something to think about, and if successful, will visit your page where the auctions or listings are found.
- If writing articles, try to submit a new article at least once or twice a week or every two weeks to keep your readers updated and informed.